What is the procedure for changing the address of the society?
Viewed 2224 Times 0 Comments Date : 01.04.2017
For the change in the registered address of the Society, it has to follow the procedure as laid down under Rule 31 of the Maharashtra Co-operative Societies Rules of 1961. Rule 31 of the Rules are reproduced as under:
Rule 31: Procedure for change of address of Societies:
- Every Society shall communicate in writing to the Registrar its postal address as indicated in its Bye-laws registered under the Act and wherever applicable mention the name of the District, Taluka, Tahsil, Town or Village, Municipal Ward or Mohalla, Street, House Number and Postal Circle. While communicating the postal address of the Society, the Committee of the Society shall also send a copy of the resolution passed by it for adoption of the address communicated to the registrar.
- On receipt of the Communication from the Society under Sub-Rule 1, the Registrar shall register the address communicated by the Society in a register to be maintained for that purpose and inform the Society of such registration.
- Every change in its registered address shall be communicated by the Society to the Registrar in the manner laid down in Sub-Rule 1. Any such change shall not be treated as registered unless:
- It is indicated in the Bye-laws by amending them and the amendment so made is registered under the Act, and
- The change is registered in the manner laid down in Sub-Rule 2.
- The registered address of a Society or such change therein as may be registered, from time to time, shall be exhibited on the notice board of the Society, immediately after registration.
Was this answer helpful ? Yes(5)/ No(5)